Here are some tips from the team at AquaSafe Restoration to prepare your home and business for the 2021 hurricane season:
To learn more the importance of preparation during hurricane season, contact AquaSafe Restoration today at (928) 750-1670.
How to safeguard your business
Hurricanes can take a toll on businesses; therefore, be prepared.
- Make an emergency business response & continuity strategy. In case of a hurricane it’ll help your business recover quickly.
- Keep contact details for suppliers, vendors, and employees, current in order for you to check on their health and well-being and communicate next measures for resuming regular business operations.
- Go over all business insurance policies to know what is covered.
How to safeguard your home
- If you own a trailer or boat, have knowledge of how to anchor your trailer to the house or ground—and go over your boat’s insurance policy.
- If you dwell in a mobile home, be certain that you’re familiar with how to keep it safe against high wind gusts and be certain that you go over your mobile home’s insurance policy.
- Seal exterior wall openings like garden hose bibs, outside electrical outlets, vents, and spaces in which pipes or cables enter the wall. Use a quality urethane-based caulk material that prevents water penetration.
- Replace worn garage tracks and doors using a door that’s approved for wind pressure, as well as impact protection. Wind entering your residence through an opening that big poses serious problems for the remainder of your house—especially the roof.
- Sliding glass doors ought to be designed of tempered glass and, within a storm, covered using plywood or shutters. Such doors are more prone to wind damage than the majority of other doors.
- Ensure exterior doors are storm proof and have three hinges and one deadbolt lock that’s 1” in length.
- Put in storm shutters to safeguard the windows from breaking. Fit plywood panels to the windows, which may be nailed to the frames of windows once a storm hits.
- Trim weak trees and branches that might fall on your property and keep all shrubbery trimmed.
- Replace rock or gravel landscaping with shredded bark, which is a material that is much lighter and will not cause as much damage.
For more preparedness tips, keep updated with the AquaSafe Restoration blog. Call 24/7 at (928) 750-1670.