Is Your Family Suffering with Mold Exposure?

damaged walls due to moldMold is a kind of fungi that grows both outdoors and indoors. Once mold grows outside, it will act as a decomposer to assist in breaking down organic matter. But once it grows in your home, it will pose a number of health risks to you and your loved ones. You’ll probably discover mold in humid, damp, warm, and dark places in your home, like around plumbing pipes, basements, in bathrooms, and under sinks.

For effective mold remediation services, avail the professional service of AquaSafe Restoration. Call us immediately at (928) 750-1670.

Indications of Mold Damage 

Common indications that you may have mold damage in your home include:

  • Mold Smell: Mold emits a musty smell, like the scent of old books. If you have noticed that smell, it may mean that there is a mold infestation in your house.
  • Indications of Water Damage: Water damage generates moisture, which is the ideal condition for mold to thrive and grow. Discoloration of your walls and water stains may be an indication of mold.
  • Past Flooding: If you’ve previously experienced flooding inside your house, it’ll give room for potential water damage, and eventually the growth of mold.

Mold Exposure Symptoms

The exposure of mold impacts people differently. Some folks might suffer serious symptoms if exposed to mold for extended periods.

  • Eye irritation: Mold will release spores that may enter the eyes and cause redness and irritation.
  • Skin irritation: Also, mold spores may cause skin itchiness and redness. Plus, the skin inside the nose might react to mold spores and mold by generating more mucus, which causes sneezing or a runny nose.
  • Shortness of breath: Folks who experience allergies may have a hard time breathing once they touch mold spores. Extended exposure to mold easily can aggravate asthma or produce an attack, particularly in older adults, children, and those who have allergies.
  • Sore throat: In addition, exposure to mold may cause wheezing, coughing, and a sore throat as the mold spores irritate the larynx and produce swelling.

If you’ve suffered allergic reactions and health complications because of mold, immediately seek medical help and get a professional restoration provider to evaluate your house.

AquaSafe Restoration will help restore mold damage to your property. Contact us today at (928) 750-1670!

Posted in

Leave a Comment