Let’s quickly go over what insurance covers and doesn’t cover in terms of mold removal:
For effective mold and water damage restoration services, you need a professional company that is willing to address your problems. Call AquaSafe Restoration right away at (928) 750-1670!
What Does Insurance Cover?
In general, many policies won’t cover all occurrences of mold. However, the majority of policies outline the kinds of molds they’ll cover.
For instance, if mold forms rapidly, covering a massive space over a brief period, you might have severe damage on your hands. In that case, some insurance policies cover the removal of mold and damage restoration up to a specific dollar amount.
One other scenario in which your insurance provider might cover mold is when it is categorized among your insurance policy’s covered perils. In policy terms, a peril is an event or hazard that might cause property damage. It may include things like:
- Vandalism or theft to and from the contents or property
- Smoke or fire damage
- Lightning strikes
- Damage that is caused by rioting, civil disturbances, aircraft, or vehicles
- Natural occurrences such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, hail, or windstorms
What Insurance doesn’t cover
The majority of insurers include clauses within their policy exempting them from covering mold contamination. A few common causes which are not typically covered include:
- The intrusion of water – this differs from flooding. If your house is close to a large body of water, it might ebb and flow closer to your home. If that happens, it might carry mold spores along with it. If your insurance provider deems it as avoidable, it will not be covered.
- Poor repairs of deferred maintenance – the majority of policies will not cover damage that is caused by sub-par repair work. The same holds true in terms of mold damage. If better efforts might’ve been made to fix any damage ahead of time, the onus falls with the homeowner.
- Long-term leaks – if mold is caused by leaks, wear-and-tear, or damage, a homeowner must handle it. With that being said, the insurance company might agree to offer coverage if you report the problem during the first phases of mold growth.
AquaSafe Restoration will help restore mold or water damage to your property. Contact us today at (928) 750-1670 to learn how we can increase your property’s value!